WELCOME!!
WOW or WwW
This is my first time having my own work published on the net.
So why now? Two words Lay Off!!
Oh no!! I don't mean you!! I don't want you to lay off this blog!! In fact, I want you to keep on!! Keep on keeping on reading and reading this over and over.
I'm the one getting laid off!! I only have one more week of work and then off I go into a new world. A world of the unknown. A world forcing me to answer "now what"
So in my feeble attempt here's perhaps a portion of the "what".
A bit of background for those that don't know me to well. I've been working for the past 12 years. In those years I've worked for 2 main companies. One, I laid them off the other is now laying me off. During my stay at the first job, I held many part - time positions with other companies in addition to working with them because they just didn't pay enough. This last company I made good money and didn't have time for a part - time job because of all the odd hours and crazy over time I kept with them. I would have never left them. I was going to be a lifer there. I was going to retire from there. Sounds great!! Then the CEO had to go and pass away and here we are!!
It shouldn't be so bad. After all I quit the last job cold Turkey. Said bye bye. Then went and found a job. Well that was 5 years ago. 5 years I didn't have a husband. 5 years ago I didn't have a baby. 5 years ago I didn't own a house that cost more then my salary. Believe it or not, we had a house that cost less then my salary .. while my salary was good it was no 6 figures!!
So, here I am joining all of you out there who find what I call "piece work" to make some money. Piece functions together to try to earn some money. While my husband and I are trying to make sense of what is going on in our life right now, I'm attempting to piece things together to bring income to the house hold. My income was 95% of the household income.
Here are some things I'm (poorly) attempting to do:
Surveys
Mystery Shop
Write online
.... and now blogging.
I don't know if these things are just the interim or if they are the permanent. There are a huge number of you out there that do what I'm attempting to.
My husband has been staying home for the past 3 years .. basically since 4 months after our daughter was born. He's a journalist by trade so he does some writing at home and a year after she was born he picked up notary. Which has been ok money, but we need to find a way to leverage what he already does to generate greater income.
So that's the beginning. Come journey with us as I go from here. I'm not real sure what I'll be doing with this blog. I'm not real sure what will make sense and what won't. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I don't know how I'll do this. I don't know if I'll use this blog to write down my random thoughts, or if I'll be organized and make a lot of sense. I suspose seeing its me blogging as oppose to me hubby .. I'll be more sporadic and unorganized and write what I want.
OK this is long enough for the first entry
This is my first time having my own work published on the net.
So why now? Two words Lay Off!!
Oh no!! I don't mean you!! I don't want you to lay off this blog!! In fact, I want you to keep on!! Keep on keeping on reading and reading this over and over.
I'm the one getting laid off!! I only have one more week of work and then off I go into a new world. A world of the unknown. A world forcing me to answer "now what"
So in my feeble attempt here's perhaps a portion of the "what".
A bit of background for those that don't know me to well. I've been working for the past 12 years. In those years I've worked for 2 main companies. One, I laid them off the other is now laying me off. During my stay at the first job, I held many part - time positions with other companies in addition to working with them because they just didn't pay enough. This last company I made good money and didn't have time for a part - time job because of all the odd hours and crazy over time I kept with them. I would have never left them. I was going to be a lifer there. I was going to retire from there. Sounds great!! Then the CEO had to go and pass away and here we are!!
It shouldn't be so bad. After all I quit the last job cold Turkey. Said bye bye. Then went and found a job. Well that was 5 years ago. 5 years I didn't have a husband. 5 years ago I didn't have a baby. 5 years ago I didn't own a house that cost more then my salary. Believe it or not, we had a house that cost less then my salary .. while my salary was good it was no 6 figures!!
So, here I am joining all of you out there who find what I call "piece work" to make some money. Piece functions together to try to earn some money. While my husband and I are trying to make sense of what is going on in our life right now, I'm attempting to piece things together to bring income to the house hold. My income was 95% of the household income.
Here are some things I'm (poorly) attempting to do:
Surveys
Mystery Shop
Write online
.... and now blogging.
I don't know if these things are just the interim or if they are the permanent. There are a huge number of you out there that do what I'm attempting to.
My husband has been staying home for the past 3 years .. basically since 4 months after our daughter was born. He's a journalist by trade so he does some writing at home and a year after she was born he picked up notary. Which has been ok money, but we need to find a way to leverage what he already does to generate greater income.
So that's the beginning. Come journey with us as I go from here. I'm not real sure what I'll be doing with this blog. I'm not real sure what will make sense and what won't. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I don't know how I'll do this. I don't know if I'll use this blog to write down my random thoughts, or if I'll be organized and make a lot of sense. I suspose seeing its me blogging as oppose to me hubby .. I'll be more sporadic and unorganized and write what I want.
OK this is long enough for the first entry

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home